Our portfolio Development Program helps emerging artists develop the skills they need to succeed in the world of public art.
The program includes:
- Curated workshops aimed at building essential skills and creative support networks for emerging artists.
- Professional development workshops catered to artists, focusing on artists as creative business owners, documenting your work, and using social media.
- Creative development opportunities such as studio visits, field trips to galleries, portfolio reviews, exhibitions and art battles!
- Hands-on experience in planning public art projects, including budgeting, fundraising, media relations, and community consultation.
- Career guidance and advice from established, professional artists.
Throughout the PDP, emerging artists will learn the skills necessary to build public art projects in Toronto. They will be paired with artistic mentors who will offer support to new artists looking to make their mark on our urban landscape.
Click here for more information.