Make pompoms! Wrap trees! Help create a giant weaving project!
“Woven” is a series of park animations that celebrate Toronto’s rich textile history, along its York Beltline – an old rail line turned green space that connects a series of Toronto’s uptown communities.
While one of our city’s hidden gems, this green space is poorly marked and hosts few cultural activities, but we plan to change that!
Building on the momentum of STEPS’ neighbouring and similarly themed mural – “SKEIN” – community members will weave their own stories and connect with each other in this appropriately titled series. The site specific project seeks to enrich existing community relations through a modern take on traditional art practices within this underused public space while encouraging intergenerational dialogue.
June 18th 1 – 4pm
- – Join us for World Wide Knit in Public Day
- – Make pompoms! Come wrap trees! Help with our giant weaving project
July 23th 1 – 4 pm
- – Yarn-Bombing / Community Mural Kick Off
- – Learn how to make PomPoms and Yarn Bomb
- – See the creation of a new way-finding and ground mural
August 6th 1 – 4pm
- – Yarn-Bombing / Community Mural Celebration
- – Create PomPoms, and Tree Weavings
All are welcome to participate in personal knitting while in this creative space.
“Woven” is supported by the Toronto Art’s Foundation’s Arts in the Park Program.